Compliance and Monitoring Committee guidelines:
This committee was formed with the goal of supporting school districts and private special education schools going through the NHDOE Compliance, Improvement and Monitoring Process. The committee is responsible for communicating with NHASEA members, collecting feedback, data and providing support related to monitoring.
Legislative Committee guidelines:
- The legislative committee shall include members of the Board of Directors and a representative for each region, if possible.
- The committee will track House and Senate Bills in the New Hampshire General Court that may have an impact on the field of special education.
- The committee will provide recommendations for testimony on specific bills to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors for approval.
- The committee will disburse legislative updates and trends to regional contacts for review and feedback.
Nominating Committee guidelines
- Assist in the recruitment of members for the Board of Directors
- Work with the Board of Directors to identify the preferred Board Member profile (e.g. seeking certain expertise to assist a committee, regional representation, finance expertise, etc.).
- Recommend to the full Board of Directors candidates to be nominated by the Board of Directors for election at the annual meeting of the Members, or to be appointed by the Board to fill any vacant or newly created positions on the Board
- The Committee will be made aware of resignations within a timely manner.
Public Relations Committee guidelines
- The public relations committee shall include members of the Board of Directors and a representative for each region, if possible.
- The committee will manage all social media accounts for the Association.
- The committee will make recommendations for notices to be sent to the Members.
- The committee will recommend to the Board of Directors, changes to the Association’s webpage.
The committee will recommend to the Board of Directors, notices to be placed on the Association’s webpage.
Conference Committee guidelines
- The conference committee shall include members of the Board of Directors and a representative for each region, if possible.
- The conference committee shall work with the Board in organizing and producing the Association’s two yearly conferences; the Annual Conference and the Summer Academy in August. The topics and speakers for these conference will be consistent with the selected theme for the year.
- The conference committee members will:
- Brainstorm potential speakers
- Check the availability of speakers
- Consider format and flow (keynote, breakouts, etc.)
- Identify cost for presenters and related materials
- Identify any technology needs of the presenter